WORK WITH US
¡Adelante Latina! is currently looking to expand our team! Please find our current job listings and join our team to help support our ambitious Latinas in high school, college and in the working world.
Title: Development Director
Reports to: Executive Director
Manages: Development Coordinator
Working with the Executive Director, the Development Director will lead private sector fundraising efforts to support ¡Adelante Latina! a free, after-school academic enrichment and college access program for promising Latina girls attending Baltimore City high schools.
In this newly created position, the Development Director will take the lead role in building and professionalizing financial operations for the organization. This is an exciting opportunity to help the founder-led organization secure its financial future as it prepares to celebrate its 10th anniversary in 2023.
This position is part-time (20 hours per week) and mostly remote. Occasional evening or weekend hours and travel may be required.
- Work with the Executive Director and Board of Directors to develop a comprehensive fundraising strategy that results in an increasingly diverse revenue mix with a contributed revenue goal of $400,000-$500,000 annually.
- Proactively research prospective individual, corporate and foundation donors.
- Identify, cultivate, solicit and steward new and existing donors.
- Collaborate with Executive Director and other staff to write effective, compelling grant proposals and submit in a timely manner.
- Organize creative annual giving campaigns to solicit donations.
- Create compelling case for support documents, concept papers, proposals, solicitation letters, and other cultivation and stewardship materials to send to current and potential donors and partners.
- Directly manage the Development Coordinator.
- Maintain donor records in Network for Good platform and drive regular communication with donors. Leverage social media accounts and website for raising the organization’s profile and engaging current and prospective donors.
- Serve as the staff liaison to the Development Committee, assisting members in the creation and execution of virtual and/or in person events to raise money and awareness.
- Train volunteers in development best practices and procedures.
- Ensure that all legal reporting requirements are satisfied.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Three or more years of professional development experience.
- Ability to work independently; demonstrated ability to take initiative and be a self-starter; manage projects; determine priorities; and maintain a high degree of professionalism and confidentiality.
- Experience working with broadly diverse groups of constituents.
- Excellent interpersonal and oral communication skills, and demonstrated effective writing, and editorial skills.
- Grant writing experience.
- Strong organizational and analytical skills required and ability to manage several projects simultaneously.
- Strong computer literacy skills required and the ability to learn new software.
- Flexibility with scheduling as this position may require occasional evening or weekend hours.
- Passionate about the mission of ¡Adelante Latina!
- Ideal candidates would be based in the Greater Baltimore metropolitan region and be familiar with the Baltimore philanthropic community.
Salary range: $40,000-$45,000
About ¡Adelante Latina!
¡Adelante Latina! is a free, after-school academic enrichment and college access program for promising Latina girls attending Baltimore City high schools. Founded in 2013 by Leonor Blum, an Argentine immigrant and Professor Emerita at Notre Dame of Maryland University, this three-year, community-based college access program focuses on bright, academically driven Baltimore City 10th-12th grade Latinas.
Email a cover letter and resume to Leonor Blum, Executive Director at: email@example.com.